We inspected my bees awhile ago, we are quite sure the two hives have a queen, the third hive I had a little "Oops" on. When I put the swarm into their hive I only had five frames so I figured I would have the feeder on the far side of the hive with the frames around it, figuring that they'd draw it out near the feeder first, well it was quite the opposite...
As you can probably tell this is the "Oops." It is kind of neat looking at natural comb. We cut the large section out and put it in a frame.
Inspecting a frame.
As you can see in this action picture, Sam is ready to take on the world!
We've been haying quite a bit lately and earlier today I was raking hay. I haven't inspected my hives yet because I'm giving them time to get a new queen mated. I'll inspect them soon though. Our garden is doing wonderful. I think every pea seed we planted came up! And we planted four big rows of peas, we didn't know they would come up this good! Our Raspberries are also doing very well.
I haven't posted much for quite a while. My hives swarmed and then I found that they had ran out of room, next year I won't make that mistake. I added another hive body to both of them and then in another week checked again, there were around seven swarm cells in one hive and nine in the other, both hives were thriving even though they swarmed. When the queens hatch the queen that survives the fight will take the place of the queen that swarmed. My beekeeping friend that is kind of my mentor told me to leave them alone for a week or two. It'll be hard to stay out of them that long but I'll manage hopefully.